Thursday, October 30, 2008

Just a quick reality check:

I keep thinking that I want to sit down and focus on writing or reading or worshiping or just being still. But everytime I start I get distracted by something. Isn't that the way life is? You find something that draws you closer to God and helps you to find some form of sanity within, and then when you start to do that something there is a barrier in place. I have been ammending my theology on this a little lately. I used to think "It's all Satan's fault! He is just waiting for that one single moment to interupt my focus." I think he probably has something to do with it...sometimes. But I also have to share the blame! After all, I make a lot of choices that put me in the position of distraction! Here is a good question for me to ask myself. "How often do I do the work of Satan and his minions by just keeping myself from doing the things that God would have me do?"

No comments: