Saturday, October 18, 2008

Testimony


A few years ago I was in a school of ministry, through my church. The name of it was the School of Spiritual Transformation. Our first assignment was to create a ministry timeline. It was to be used as a tool for writing a testimony; the story of how each of us came to know Christ and what has happened in that journey. It is also to help identify purpose and identity in Christ. We work from the understanding that we are all called and created with a purpose. What is that purpose? What are the plans of God for our lives?

This assignment was a challenge for me! At first, I thought that my timeline would not have very much in it. As I worked on it and prayed through it, I found things that occurred when I was a small child that have hugely impacted who I am today and what I believe my destiny to be. By the time I got to the end of the timeline, I had to go back and take things out to get it to a readable size.

What is my point in bringing this up? Well, I have been feeling urged lately to write out my testimony and have it prepared. I never know when I will be called upon to tell someone how it is that I came to love God with the passion and intimacy that is in my soul. Matthew 24 is an account of Jesus talking about the end times. In verse 14, He says, “And the Good News about the Kingdom will be preached throughout the whole world, so that all nations will hear it; and then the end will come.” I believe that we all need to have an account of the work of Christ in our life ready, so that when we are asked, we can share this good news.
I encourage each of you to take some time to sit down and think through where you have been and where you plan on going. How is Christ a part of that? What are the plans God has made you for? We all have things to share that can further the Kingdom of God. What is your story?

No comments: