Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Brokenness

God, why is it that growing closer to you requires brokenness? And why God, does brokenness hurt so much? Why does it cause people to scatter like a flock of sheep in a storm? God, I have just one more question. When will we get to see you, face to face?

My heart is hurting for my church family right now. We are in the fire and it hurts! People don't agree, as is very often the case! Some people are ready to quit, other's want to stay and fight, and still other's feel as thought their sense of trust has been broken. I'm sure that there are also plenty who are just confused and don't know why there is the weight of fear in the air.

Ultimately, I have to trust that God is sovereign and He will not relent! He will not stop fighting for what He has established and put in place. "What God has established, let no man separate." (Matthew 19:6) I know this scripture is talking about marriage, but I think it is very applicable.

If we truly desire for God's Kingdom to come and we really want to be more like Him, I am certain that comes at a price! We need to be set apart. We need to be willing to weather the storm and fight for what God has established! We cannot turn and bail boat just because we hurt or disagree. We MUST stand firm in the foundation of God and not man! When did we decide that we could take God off of His throne? When did we decide that we all had to agree and get along in order for God to be on His throne? No! We are a body; a family. We will not always agree on all things, but we must fall before the True King! We need to seek His face and ask for His forgiveness and blessing! We need to ask for the Holy Spirit to clothe us and help us to see people and circumstance through the eyes of Christ! We need to ask God to turn our hearts from judgment and self-righteousness to the righteousness of Him who created it all! God is Sovereign! He is in charge! He reigns! He will not relent! He will not let go! He loves His children too much to turn, and His plans are greater than our own!

God pour your blessings out over me! Put your Spirit as a covering for me, that I can be humble and see you clearly through the storm surrounding me! Let my face be fixed upon you! God, You are Most High! God, I return to my first love! Lord, bless my church family. Comfort the broken-hearted and heal the gaping wounds. You alone are our hope! Let our eyes be fixed on you God. Let us not look away! Let us trust your Sovereignty! Do not let the enemy shake us. Do not give him ground on the foundation that you have built! You are good, God. You are good and your love does not fade! Thank you, Father! Thank you!

No comments: