Thursday, October 23, 2008

Hope

We had a meeting at church last night. I honestly don't think it could have gone much better. I believe there is Hope for my church! I believe that if we keep our eyes focused on the cross, God is going to bring such beauty in the wake of what we see as destruction! But doesn't He promise that? King David is recorded, saying, "His anger may last for a moment but His favor will last for a lifetime. Weeping may last through the night, but His joy comes in the morning." (Psalm 30:5)

For a year now, the Lord has been giving me different visions for my church. I am not unique in what I have been seeing. He has been showing me a shifting foundation. He has also been showing me broken bones being healed. I am reminding of a recurring vision that I have had in the sanctuary of my church. There is a broken bone that is healing incorrect. There is pain and the bone is causing deformity because it is not functioning the way it was intended to. It was never set, so that it would heal correct. God comes in and rebrakes the bone and sets it in place so that it will heal correct and be stronger than it was before. I remember sharing this vision with my prayer group. It resonated with them. We prayed about it and one of the prayers was that when God rebrakes our church that He would be merciful and quick. We prayed that healing would come quickly and that there would be as little pain as was necessary for God to do His work. We want God to come and set us straight! We want to be a people with eyes fixed on our Savior! We ask God to make the foundation right! Why then, are we surprised when it happens?

I think that we want God to make things right, we just don't want the pain that comes with it! I have been learning a lot about pain this past year. I have been learning how to not let the physical pain that I feel on a daily basis keep me from pursuing the will of God. I have been learning how to not let it stop me from living out my purpose. I don't think it is an easy lesson, but I do think that it is a merciful one! God is truly the God of mercy! I know that I can walk through pain and not be knocked down, as long as I keep my eyes on my True King!

This doesn't mean that I don't have questions or in circumstances hurt more than I think I can bear (and I mean hurt spiritually and emotionally as well as physically). That is when I have to hold even more firmly to the promises that God has made. I can listen to the promises that He has spoken to me, the promises spoken by Godly men and women, and most important I can listen to the promises that are in scripture. One of my favorites is 2 Corinthians 4:7-10.

"We now have this light shining in our hearts, but we ourselves are like fragile clay jars containing this great treasure. This makes it clear that our great power is from God, not from ourselves. We are pressed on every side by troubles, but we are not crushed. We are perplexed, but not driven to despair. We are hunted down, but never abandoned by God. We get knocked down, but we are not destroyed. Through suffering, our bodies continue to share in the death of Jesus so that the life of Jesus may also be seen in our bodies."

I am reminded in this scripture that God is the only source of power I have. He is the only one I can rely on fully. And no matter what my circumstance is, He does not leave my side! God will never abandon me! It also reminds me that when I am suffering, people are watching. This is when God has an opportunity to reveal Himself not only to me, but also to others through me.

I continue to pray for my church family, that we will allow God to stir and move freely. That we would usher Him in and ask the Holy Spirit to fill the temple. That we would call on the hosts of heaven to come and be with us. That we can join in with the Saints to worship the God of heaven and earth! May your kingdom come and your will be done on earth as it is in heaven! Call a procession for the King of Kings and welcome Him in!

No comments: