Wednesday, January 28, 2009

25 Things About Me

I decided to take the challenge given to me several months ago by a friend on Facebook and write out 25 things about myself. I was going to do it then, but I got side-tracked and seemed to forget to come back to it. I saw a couple of them in the last day and remembered my attempt-gone-awry. After starting this, I logged into my FB account and there was another challenge for me to do this. Good thing I did it. Now I can just copy it over.

1. I love the Lord my God with all of my heart, soul, mind, and strength. The more I get to know Him, the more I love Him and the more I want to know Him!

2. I have a thing about oral hygiene. I brush my teeth a lot, carry dental floss with me, and can produce two options of toothpaste on queue.

3. There is always music in my head. It doesn't stop!

4. I have two sisters who are both married to wonderful men. I love my sisters and my brothers-in-law.

5. I used to match my clothes to hangers of the same (or similar) color and then hang them all in order from lights to darks, short sleeved shirts to long sleeved, skirts, slacks, dress shirts (short then long), then dresses. Now I have a really small closet and I have to smush everything in, so it goes long sleeved on the the left with dress shirts and short sleeved shirts on the right with skirts, slacks, and dresses. I no longer match my clothes to the hangers - it's first come first serve (most of the time.)

6. I love butterflies! They make me smile, laugh, and sometimes cry. They mean a lot to me and are beautiful!

7. I love projecty things - this weekend I am going to make lip balm!

8. I have 3 cats and they mean the world to me! They are my babies! Their names are Noelle, Cinnamon, and Truffle.

9. I don't like to take time to fix my hair because it is so soft and fine that it falls within 15 minutes of fixing it. I would rather just pull it back and look like a slob.

10. I like to use organic products. It makes me feel like I am making healthier choices and also contributing somehow to the bigger picture.

11. If it isn't convenient, I don't recycle. I do recycle most things at home, though. I also reuse things well.

12. I have a lot of food hang-ups. If you are going to go out to eat with me, just sit back for the ride. If you ask "why" too many times, you will be overwhelmed with my answers and it will discourage you from eating out with me in the future. Just trust that I know why I am asking for my salad with no dressing, the chicken to be prepared with no seasoning, and any sauces to be served on the side!

13. I love to play with children! I love how they laugh at themselves when they do something silly and how they just freely give affection! They are not tainted or inhibited. I truly believe that one of the ways to be closest to the presence of God on earth is to spend time with children! They are great!

14. I like to sleep in on Saturdays and stay in my pajamas all day long!

15. I am comfortable being alone. I am grateful for that because I haven't always been.

16. I am very sentimental. I hold onto seemingly insignificant things, because they mean something special to me!

17. I dream of one day having a yellow house with a vegetable garden.

18. If I could meet one person that has passed away, it would be my great grandfather; Papa Cogburn. I have heard a lot of really neat things about him and I think it would be great to get to spend some time with him.

19. I wrestle with fear - many different fears. My greatest one is probably that I will not live up to the full potential that God created me for!

20. When I was in the 5th grade I tried to change my name from MelonieLynn to Lynn because I wanted to simplify my name. My teacher wouldn't let me without a note from home saying that my parents would let me go by that name. In middle school I changed my name to Lynn just to prove that I could. (It didn't hurt that one of my friends was Melanie McB* and it made it easier for our teachers if I went by Lynn.)

21. I pray now that if I ever have children they don't have my streak of rebellion! I just don't know how I would handle it!

22. Overall, I consider myself to be a very blessed person and I am optimistic about my future!

23. I live with a family that I love very much! They are wonderful people and I can't imagine my life without them, now that they are in it!

24. I love to eat pancakes for dinner.

25. One of my favorite things to do is pray for my friends! I love to pray for blessings to fall on them and for them to receive dreams and visions of what the Lord has for them!

No comments: