Friday, February 6, 2009

Blessings

This morning, I was reminded about the conviction of blessing people instead of cursing them. I started my morning by reading something that a friend wrote about her children. She was telling many of the great things about her children. It blessed me so much to see how much she loves, admires, and receives blessing from her own children! So often I hear parents talking about all of the negative things their children do, instead of calling out the positives. I'm sure that as a parent, it is very easy to just know the good things about your children and talk about the things that overwhelm you. I often wonder what impact that may have on the way that people actually view their children, though. I have seen this to be true in my friendships. It is easy to notice the bad and comment on it. It is, for some reason, less easy to notice the good and comment on it. When I spend time thinking about all of the things that drive me crazy about my friends, I walk away feeling very torn down and not confident in that relationship. When I take time to think about all of the ways that my friendships bless me, I walk away feeling loved and special and very blessed to have them in my life!

No comments: