Tuesday, January 13, 2009

The Questions

My friend, Cortney, asked a few questions of me to answer and post on my blog. Here are the answers.

1. If you could live anywhere in the world but you could never leave, where would it be?
That's a really hard question. I think that I would probably stay right where I live right now. Maybe I would choose for a few things to be different, but for the most part I love where I live! I love the city I live in and I believe I was called here for a purpose. I wouldn't want to leave until that purpose is accomplished!

2. What was your favorite toy as a kid?
My favorite toy when I was little was my "Sit 'N Spin" It was blue and I would play on it for hours! It went in the sand box, on the grass next to the sand box, next to the swimming pool, on the trampoline (that was an interesting one). I played with it until I had wayyyy outgrown it and my parents finally took it away and got rid of it when I was not looking! I loved how I had to work pretty hard to get going, but ahhhh the thrill of the dizziness that ensued when I actually got up to speed! I saw one of these amazing little toys at a friends house not that long ago - she got it for her son. They don't seem to be as sturdy as they used to, but they still look like fun!

3. Who has made the most impact on your life?
There are a lot of people that have made a big impact on me. I think that one of those people is my friend, Olivia. She has walked through some very difficult things and has been able to turn her circumstances over to God. Her story has been one of pain and surrender and redemption; understanding that we will never be able to understand some things in life but that God is still good and still sovereign. I know this has not been easy for her - and is more difficult at some times than others. In fact, seeing how she has walked through some things in her life has really been an inspiration and encouragement to me in walking through some of the tough times in mine.

4. What are you most proud of?
This is not a question that I contemplate too often, so it has been one of the more difficult ones to answer. I think that the thing I am most proud of is that I treasure my friendships and relationships above being right. I know that I am often wrong and that even when I feel I am right, other's may have a very valid opinion that differs from mine. I think this is something that has grown and changed over time, but that I have seen a lot of value in.

5. What are your top 3 favorite CDs?
This is REALLY hard! I have a song for every occasion, so to narrow down my top 3 CDs is like asking me to restrict my breathing to one breath a minute for the rest of the day. OK - maybe it isn't that drastic, but you get the point! I would have to say 1) Misty Edwards, Relentless 2) Third Day, Offerings 3) Delirious, Access: d (You can find some of my favorites on these CDs, but this is by no means a complete list! You can also get a good idea by listening to my playlist on my blog.)

Now that you know more about me, let me know if you want me to send you some questions!
Leave me a comment saying, "Interview me." I will respond by sending you five questions that I pick out for you. You will update your blog with the answers to the questions. At the end, include this explanation and an offer to interview someone else in the same post. When others comment asking to be interviewed, you will get to ask them five questions.

No comments: