Friday, January 9, 2009

Loss

I don't know that words even begin to describe the feeling. There is a piece of me that feels broken and emptied out. I feel as though everything around me that keeps going is a mockery to the emptiness inside of me. I trust in God, but that doesn't mean I understand everything that happens or am ok with it. Loss hurts and often seems unjustified. It feels very wrong!

Still I cry out, be still my soul. Rest in the hands of God, your maker. Know that He is sovereign. He is good. He is in control! He knows pain and loss more closely that I. He is close to the broken-hearted. He is near! Spirit, be my comfort! Draw me under your wing, great God! Blow your gentle breath upon me and give me what I need. You, God, are the lover of my soul. I rest in you!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

1. If you could live anywhere in the world but you could never leave, where would it be?

2. What was your favorite toy as a kid?

3. Who has the made the most impact on your life?

4. What are you most proud of?

5. What are your top 3 favorite CDs?