Thursday, September 25, 2008

Yummy Dinner...BIG Mess!

Tonight I had my Bible Study group. It was great fun. One of the things that I really love is that we have dinner together. It's a great time to sit around and enjoy each other's company and find out what is going on with each other. We take turns preparing the meals and rotate. Tonight was my turn to bring the food.

I made this yummy honey-mustard curry dish. For ease of carrying, I packed it up in a laundry basket before putting it in the car. There was a towel on the bottom to cusion it and keep it from sliding and then another towel rolled up on the side to fill in the extra space. I loaded the basked into the front passenger seat and began the 6 minute drive. On the way, I had to make some twists and turns and go up a few hills. In the course of driving, the sauce sloshed out ALL over the seat of my car because the lid came off! It is great! I have no idea how to even begin cleaning it out! The chicken and a fair amount of the sauce was still there, so we had plenty for dinner. I just didn't think well enough to cover it better! Oh well! When I got home I looked at the towels that were also covered in curry and didn't know what to do except put them in the washer. I just peeked in and the water is mustard yellow! I think I may have to run them through more than once! And, I have a feeling that my car may smell like curry for the next month or two...if not longer!

No comments: