Saturday, September 27, 2008

More Than a Meal?

Tonight I went to a community prayer meeting at AHOP (Austin House of Prayer). It was great! I felt like I really had a chance to still myself in the presence of God and pour out a portion of the adoration that He deserves. Like I said, it was great!

But you know what I think my favorite part of tonight was? After prayer, a group of us went to Kerby Lane Cafe to have snacks and just spend time together. I loved the community! We went around and shared our high points in the week and low points in the week and just got to know a little more about each other. It was so nice to just spend time together!

The early church was very big on meeting together over meals. I think that there is something to this and they knew it. What is it that happens when friends are together with food? We are nourishing our bodies and our spirit at the same time. There is a communion of some of the basic needs that we have. Plus, it's just fun! But is there more?

I am too tired tonight to spend much more time writing, but my guess is that I am not done exploring this! Goodnight all!

No comments: