Monday, September 22, 2008

Sometimes, You Just Gotta Slow Down!

Today has been a relatively good day. I had the day off of work, so I decided to take advantage and do some things at home and then run a couple errands before having to be back to make dinner (Monday's are my night).

I built a bookshelf, moved some furniture around, and rearranged the myriad of movies I have. After that, I decided to go run a couple of errands. The plan started out that I was going to go to stop in at Sprint, go to Target, and round the trip out by going to HEB (a local grocery store). Three errands. This shouldn't take long, so I should be back by 1:00 at the latest.

Well, while in route, I got the scathingly brilliant idea to stop in at a store and look for a dress for a friends wedding that is coming up. What could it hurt to go take a look? The problem here is that I forgot that I had already exerted quite a bit of energy moving furniture around. And energy is something that I tend to run in short supply of these days.

So, what ended up happening is that I went to Sprint, but the one I went to couldn't help. I then stopped by the dress shop. I spent a while there, but didn't find what I was looking for, so I went down the street to another store. After trying on just about everything that they had and deciding I couldn't afford any of it, I left empty handed and realized that it was already 1:00. I was starving and starting to get a bit grumpy. I then reminded myself that I needed to get some things from Whole Foods and I wasn't too far so I popped in for lunch and to purchace the items I wanted, but I still needed to do the other shopping at HEB. So, I left headed to HEB. But, on the way out of the parking lot I saw a Sprint store and remembered that I still needed to take care of my phone, so I went in and got my phone fixed. I then left and went to HEB. I did my shopping and made it home at 4:30. Yes, 4:30. I threw the pots on the stove and scrambled around. Somehow, I got dinner on the table at a respectable time. A little later than normal, but not too bad.

I was so exhausted when I sat down to eat that I could hardly lift my fork! I can't believe that I tried to do all of that in one day and expected my body to just go with it!

So, every day brings about "life lessons". Right? What was today's?

Sometimes, you just gotta slow down!

No comments: