Friday, July 30, 2010

A Peaceful finish to a VERY Busy Week

This week has been about the busiest of my life, I think! It was just down-right crazy! It was filled!

I moved yesterday and today into my new place. So of course the week was filled with packing and sorting and all that jazz. If that isn't stressful enough, I also got to deal with boy drama, car problems, five very heavy and emotional conversations, and just general day-to-day life stuff. I would like to say that I handled it all well and floated through the week without incident. That just wouldn't be true! I hate that I still haven't gotten to the point that I can keep one thing from running into another; resulting in greater stress! I just haven't made it that far yet! Progress has definitely been made and for that I am excited and thankful!

This afternoon I returned to the new home with my final load of stuff (except the cleaning stuff that will be getting used tomorrow). I walked into my room, looked at the stacks of boxes and chaos, and just started bawling! I think I just really needed to release the pressure that had built up from the week. I cried so hard that I ended up crashing for a few hours. Much needed rest finally arrived!

I woke up from a very hard sleep and got a wonderful blessing...a friend came over and helped me sort through some of the boxes for an hour or two. We got my bed set up and made, got some stuff arranged in the closet, and made a path for me to get from one side of the room to the other. I felt SO LOVED! It was so amazing to me how much that act meant! It kind-of makes me want to do the same for a friend when I get the chance! I can not begin to say how precious it was to me that she would do that! It wasn't an excessive amount of time, but it was probably the best thing that has happened to me this week...except maybe the morning another friend showed up at my house to help me pack and brought me a Starbucks!

I was just so moved to realize again just how much I really am loved, not only by people but even more-so by God! He knows just what I need and provides! Regardless of how I may feel sometimes, I am not in need. The only reason is because I know that God will provide. He only gives good gifts and he does not withhold good gifts! How amazing...and how true!

No comments: