Saturday, March 14, 2009

Today Was Very Productive

Please do not judge me as you are reading this. The simple fact is that I have made some big mistakes financially along the way. Some were out of necessity, some were out of not knowing better, and some were just out of not making the right choices. Whatever the reasons, I have more than a fair share of financial burden that I do not know how to overcome. Well, with a lot of motivation, a lot of help from other people, and a lot of grace from God, I am on my way to righting some wrongs.

Today was a day off of work for me. I could have spent it sleeping in, watching TV, playing with friends...any number of fun things. I didn't though! I woke up at 8:00, buckled down and got to work! I organized the two baskets of receipts and bills that needed to be addressed. Then I took care of the top three things on my "Most Important Things To Do" list. I spent a cumulative 4-5 hours on the phone and humbled myself to ask for mercy and help. In the end, I was able to make arrangements to get both of my student loans out of default and take care of a pressing legal matter that was not related but has needed to be addressed for quite some time. I got done and all I could do was shout with joy, "Thank you, Jesus for helping me through today! It is done!"

My mother also stopped by on her way home from work, so I made a simple dinner and we enjoyed each other's company for a little while. After she left, I rewarded myself for pressing through all of the hard work and stress of the day by starting a little sewing project...or something like that! I have this feather pillow that is really old and I love sleeping with it. The casing was getting all worn out and falling apart, so it has been sharing all the feathers with my bed, sheets, hair, etc. I decided tonight to make a new casing for it, sanitize (I use this term loosely) the feathers, and stuff the new pillow casing. It worked ok, but I ended up with stray feathers all over my bedroom. That's ok, though. It gave me a good excuse to vacuum. I also went ahead and stripped the bed and cleaned the bedding so it is one less chore I have to do tomorrow. Now, I am going to take myself to bed and sleep in peace!

Before I go, I must say that I am very proud of myself for working hard and accomplishing the things that I did today! It took a lot of courage for me!

Thank you, Jesus that you are growing me and making me more capable of doing the difficult things. Thank you for teaching me what it means to be faithful with a little. Please continue to help me and teach me, so that I will learn to be a good steward of the things you have given to me. I ask this not only for myself, but also so that I will learn how to better bless and serve you and others. Thank you for washing me new and for forgiving me of the places where I am wrong. Help me Lord, as I strive to walk in your ways!

1 comment:

Olivia said...

Yes! That is wonderful. I know those type of things are a PAIN to do, but you feel so much better when they are done. I love you.