Thursday, February 12, 2009

Sleepless Night

I have been trying, unsuccessfully, to fall asleep for over three hours! It is now a little after 3:00 am. I really really really want to be asleep! I just can't seem to get there though! It is really frustrating! I keep thinking about a kajillion different things, none of which do I want consuming my mind right now. I finally decided to write it out and see if that will somehow bring on the drowsiness I am longing for!

I am thinking about a lot of different things tonight.

* The boy who I really like, but have no clue if he likes me. I have it so bad that every time I think about him I get this dorky smile and start thinking about what it could be like if something actually worked out between us.

* The birthday cake that I somehow have to fit the making of into my extraordinarily busy day tomorrow (technically today) - all so it can get decorated by my extraordinarily busy day on Friday.

* Thinking through all the things I have to do on Thursday...wake up early, go to HEB - one of the ones that has gluten free cake mixes. Buy said cake mix along with the ingredients to make frosting, french onion soup, and an appetizer of some sort (that I still haven't figured out). Come home and make aforementioned cake. Let it bake for however long 4 cake mixes will take. Get everything ready for a quick trip that I am taking, go exchange cars - I am borrowing a friends car for the trip that was just mentioned, go to a meeting at the church, leave and drive 2 hours away for a 30 minute memorial service and then drive another 2 hours back home, come home and change, get communion, and head out to small group. Only after all of that will I get to eat dinner and have communion with my friends. I then have to go exchange cars back, come home and decorate the cake that was previously spoken about. At some point in time during the day I also need to call my doctor to see if I can move a doctors appointment to an earlier time for Friday. I also need to call my sister and see if I can use her mixer and somehow get to pick it up before small group.

* I am also thinking about how tomorrow is the 10 year anniversary from the day one of my dear friends got killed in a car accident (hence the memorial). Could it possibly be that 10 years has passed since I saw her beautiful smile or heard her joyful laugh? It doesn't seem like it, but it has been!

* I am thinking about how Friday is going to be just as busy as Thursday - minus the 4 hours of driving. Friday is my birthday party. I still have quite a bit to do to get ready for it, but I can't even begin to think through it all. I need to get through Thursday first - then I can think about Friday!

* I am thinking about how my head is already hurting and if I don't get enough sleep I am pretty much destined to have a migraine...which I have already been dealing with for 2 days. It is hard enough to get through the day with a migraine when I don't have a lot to do -- when there is this much that needs to get done it is impossible!

* I am worrying that I will be sleepy while I am driving...just not safe!

I have prayed through all of this. I have asked Jesus to wash over me with peace and rest. I have rebuked Satan and his demons from causing me worry, pain, sickness, and restlessness. I have welcomed in peace and joy and wellness and sleep. Now that I have chronicled the things that are consuming my mind, rebuked evil, and welcomed the blessing from my Lord and Savior I am going to go back to my bed to sleep!

No comments: