Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Changing Seasons

This weekend is my nieces first birthday. Wow how the year has flown by! I always assumed that when my sisters had babies I would be around all the time. I would never miss a single mile-stone. Well, in the last year I have missed many. Fredericksburg isn't that far away from Austin, but it also isn't just down the street. In the last year, Emily has hit just about every point of development that you would expect of a baby. But, I only get to see her about once a month...sometimes less. So everytime I see her, it seems that she has changed so much. I just saw her two weeks ago, so I hope that this time not too much has changed! It amazes me how quickly one year can go by and how much a baby really does grow! Before I know it, Baby Number 2 will be born and we'll be doing it all over again. I can't wait for that one either! (FYI: Estimated Date of Arrival is October 6.)

Onto other news, I have been bit by the Spring Garden Bug. I have been spending a little bit of time each day outside, cleaning up from the winter months and prepping for the spring. I have huge dreams of what I want to do. Too bad my energy and finances can't keep up with my imagination! One day...maybe?

We have a lot of stuff that needs clearing away and that part isn't as fun to me as putting the new stuff in. Unfortunately it is a little difficult to do one without the other. It's that whole baby-steps thing again. It has to get done in stages and I don't really appreciate the process as much as the product. Oh, how God continuously teaches me about the state of my heart through every-day things! It really isn't just plants that I see this message in.

I need encouragement to not give up on the process even if I don't see the results I want immediately. It is far better to grow and hit some awkward stages along the way than it is to always stay the same. Right? At least this is what I have been told! Looking forward to posting updates along the way.

No comments: