Thursday, November 20, 2008

My Hamster is Ready to Rest!

Do you ever have those moments when there are so many thoughts in your head it feels like you can't even complete one before the others start up? I know I'm not the only one that is plagued by this phenomena that I frequently call "hamster overload". Lately I have been experiencing hamster overload on a far too regular basis. My brain (aka: hamster) just needs a break!

This weekend I am going on a retreat. It is our annual Ladies Retreat with my church. I will not be alone - far from it in fact- but I hope that during this time away from the day-to-day of standard life that I will be able to calm my mind and Spirit a bit and become a little less overloaded! I am looking forward to it! I even borrowed a camera from a friend. Maybe I will have pictures to share next week, along with all of the lessons I am left to ponder for the next year.

What I know for now is that I am leaving work and I don't have to be back until Tuesday. Boy is my hamster happy!

No comments: