Friday, July 17, 2009

No More Secrets!

The last month has been a little hard. It has felt like I have been keeping this huge secret! In every circle I am a part of, I have wanted to just shout out and tell everyone that I am planning to go to Bethel. I haven't been able to because there have been certain people that I didn't want to find out through the grapevine - I wanted to tell them! People like my family, my closest friends, and my pastors. Well, it's summer and that means that everyone is away on vacations and mission trips and this and that. I have been telling people as I can because the time is close and I am making arrangements. Plus, when people looked horribly shocked and make comments like "Something huge must be happening if you're looking for homes for your cats." I feel like telling them anything but the whole truth would be...well...a lie! (Side note here - I haven't been not telling people what's happening. It has just been really important to me that some people find out from me - not someone else - that I am picking up and moving to California!)

I have now spoken with my pastor and church leadership. I have been able to tell my family. I have told almost all of my closest friends - and have let those individuals I haven't been able to meet with know that I have news to tell them. And, as of today I have officially told my supervisor and manager that I will be leaving in the fall. I didn't submit an official resignation, since I still have time, but let them know that I was planning on leaving. I just feel so much more freedom, knowing that I'm not holding this "secret" in. So share away!

Another bonus to me being able to freely share is that more people can be happy for me and rejoice with me! I am so excited about this and I want the people in my life to be excited with me!

1 comment:

2Shaye ♪♫ said...

Hey there, girlie. I know how hard it is to be keeping secrets--especially exciting ones that you want to shout to the world, but just can't yet. So glad it's all out in the open and you can have the rejoicing and support in your community of family and friends. YAY!

I know almost nothing about Bethel, so I'll be very interested in continuing to follow your journey. PLEASE tell me you'll continue to blog. Like every day of every week of every month. M'k. That's not asking too much, right? :wink:

Hugs,

~Shaye