Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Endurance

I was in a meeting today and a friend mentioned a card that she had received many years ago when she was going through a rough situation. She said that a woman sent her a card that said she was praying for her to have endurance through the situation she was in. It stuck with my friend. What a great thing to pray for! Endurance! That has stuck with me for the rest of the day!

The fact that I have been feeling weary is no hidden secret! Every little blow seems to knock me down even harder than the last! I think sometimes, "do I really have it in me to keep at this?" Well, endurance is what I need right now! I need friends and hugs and little sentiments of encouragement! I also need endurance!

So in the 3 minutes I have before I have to be in class, I write from Colossians 1:10-13

"And we pray this in order that you may live a life worthy of the Lord and may please him in every way: bearing fruit in every good work, growing in the knowledge of God, being strengthened with all power according to his glorious might so that you may have great endurance and patience, and joyfully giving thanks to the Father, who has qualified you to share in the inheritance of the saints in the kingdom of light. For he has rescued us from the dominion of darkness and brought us into the kingdom of the Son he loves."

No comments: