Sunday, May 10, 2015

My Mother

There are so many things that I could say about my Sweet Mother.  For those of you who know her, you know that when I say "Sweet" I am not just throwing around southern charm.  My Mother is genuinely probably the sweetest person I know!  She is an amazing woman, who has impacted my life in so many ways.  Every day I am grateful that I have the honor of being one of her daughters.  Through the years she has taught me more than I could chronicle, but here are a few of the ways she has encouraged me to be the woman I am today.

She carried me in her belly, birthed me, fed me, clothed me, and cared for my every need as an infant.

She taught me to tie my shoes.

She taught me how to read music - before I even knew how to read books - using a church hymnal.

She sang to me almost every night of my childhood, with a voice that I still believe to be the most beautiful my heart has ever heard!

She read Dr. Seuss and Little Golden Books (almost) to my hearts content.

She taught me the very valuable lesson of learning to listen before I speak.

My mother stayed by my bed through two years of hip surgery, physical therapy, re-learning how to walk, and a LOT of teenage anger and angst.

She laughed at me when I told her that moving to Missouri just in time for a blizzard was proof that hell could freeze over.

She encouraged me to take all of the thoughts and feelings that ruffled up inside me and write.

She has always been willing to give me a little (even a lot) of what was rightfully hers and not mine.

My Sweet Mother -- affectionately known as Momy -- has taught me to be a woman of integrity and excellent character!  She has taught me to be gentle, kind, loving, graceful, courageous, creative, funny, tender-hearted, and most important she has taught me to be a woman of faith!  She has always encouraged me to bow my knees before the Lord, give Him thanks, count my blessings, trust in His goodness, and listen to and apply His words in my life.

So...

Happy Mother's Day to my amazing, beautiful, caring, giving, and ever-loving Momy​.  I am so thankful for you and I can not imagine my life without you in it!  You never cease to amaze me!  You have risen through adversity and learned to soar!  Thank you for the time, love, support, and overall energy that you have poured into my life!

I love you THIIIIS much!!!

1 comment:

obat perangsang wanita said...

nice post, thanks for sharing...