Sunday, August 30, 2009

Oh, I am Just Not Ready

I am just not ready for the weekend to end and to go back to work tomorrow. I have so greatly enjoyed the solitude and the time away. It was great to have two consecutive days where I didn't have to talk to anyone about cancer and where I didn't have to talk to anyone about not going to school. I got to spend time doing fun things that are healing to my heart in some funny way. I got to hang out with just God and myself. I spent time watering plants and trees and birds and making the house all clean and sweet smelling. It was just such a great weekend that I am not ready for it to end! I rather like having time alone, away from the realities of sickness and pain and the fragility of human-kind. I'm not saying I would want it this way forever - not at all. I just don't think I'm ready right now. Alas, it is 9:00 pm, which means it is time to get everything laid out and ready for work tomorrow because the day will be coming ... ready or not!

1 comment:

2Shaye ♪♫ said...

I hear this loud and clear...for different reasons, of course. Sometimes Mondays are welcome and sometimes they're just not. Not even the least little bit. I hope tomorrow's a better day than expected. I hope you wake rejuvenated and weirdly excited to leave your home in the morning. I hope the day is beautiful and that you come home with another wonderful story to blog about!

xoxo!