Saturday, December 20, 2008

A Little Disappointed

Today I had a doctor's appointment for a check up with my rheumatologist. I have been experiencing more pain and fatigue lately, so I knew it was likely that there may be some changes in my medications. The exam and tests confirmed that there is further progression of the RA and that the current immune therapy that I am on is not sufficient. I will continue taking the same medication, but will now have to give myself injections weekly instead of every other week. I will keep taking anti-inflammatories and cortisone for inflammation and pain management.

After I left the doctor, I just started crying in my car. I am not mad at God right now, but I am disappointed! I just don't understand! I wish I had a greater understanding of what God sees and what His plans for me are!

God, please be the comfort and understanding that I need right now! Please speak to the places in my heart that seem to be like roaring ocean waves in a storm. Spirit speak. "Peace, be still." I know Jesus, that you bore everything and you are no stranger to the pain, discontentment, or fear that I have. I also trust that in you, all things are made perfect. Please teach me what I need and continue to refine me more and more into your image. Lord, in all things I will praise your name! Let me know you and love you more and more!

On a very happy note, I am excited because I am having a Christmas party tomorrow night. I can hardly wait! I have a lot to do to get ready still, but I am just so excited to be able to have my friends come over! I love having friends over and being a hostess!

1 comment:

Olivia said...

I love you Lynn. I am so sorry. There will be better days. I promise.