Thursday, December 6, 2012

I must must MUST get some writing done...

It is a little funny to me when I really think about this, but writing is something that has brought about clarity and healing for me.  However, when life gets busy, overwhelming, and even disappointing, writing is the last thing that I think about doing.  Why is that?  It's like walking out onto a battle field with a sword at my side, but never drawing it even though the enemy is charging at me. I wrestle with this weighty weapon on my side that could make the difference between walking away from the battle relatively unscathed or falling on the ground in weakness and injury.  Writing is a sword.  I must wield it!

I actually have 3 writing assignments awaiting me.  They have been there for the better part of two months, but every time I sit to start writing I feel BLANK!  Two of the things I have been asked to write are a personal purpose statement and a testimony of my faith journey.  This has been overwhelmingly challenging - and I can't even seem to get the first sentence out.  I have thought back to all of the instruction on how to write either of these things, I have read other people's stories, I have even looked up "how to write a personal purpose statement" in Google.  It really didn't help me as much as I hoped it would...meaning Google did not tell me what my purpose statement is.  :)

So, when I get stuck, this is where I come.  I re-read things I have written in hope that somehow my writer's voice will become loud and strong and clear.  Now that I have procrastinated for a while, I really must must MUST get some writing done! 

No comments: