Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Quiet


I am feeling a little extra introspective today. I am a little more quiet than normal. I am quite content to just sit and listen to slow, lulling music while I am working. I don't feel the need for a "pick-me-up." I am really ok with this. But for some reason, other people don't seem to be. I have had more than one person ask me if I am ok and when my response is "yes" they either say "I don't believe you" or "I don't think you really are ok right now." Why? Why are we so uncomfortable with quiet? With stillness?

Aren't we commanded to still our hearts in the Word? Didn't Jesus take time to get away from the crowds and spend time with only his disciples or even by himself? So why is it so uncomfortable for us to take time away from the business of the day and just have some quiet? I don't have any good answers. Just the questions. Like I said, I am feeling a little extra introspective!

No comments: