Wednesday, April 8, 2009

I've Lost It!

I used to carry around this big planner - thank you Franklin Covey! I loved my planner, as any of my good friends can tell you. Her name was Francine. I started using her in high school and just refilled her as the years went on. When asked what I would take to a desert island, Francine would probably be in the top five list. It may not seem very practical at first...we can argue that another day!

About a year-and-a-half ago I was finally convinced to merge my life into a smaller planner. It fit in my large purse - something Francine never could do! I was content with this smaller planner, but was recently inspired by a friend to go even smaller! I found these cute little calendars at Target for $1.00 and got one for both of us. This one even fits in my tiny purse! I call it my baby calendar - a stolen phrase. I have gotten quite attached to my baby calendar, as I find it to be much more convenient than carrying around something the size of Gone With the Wind!

Why am I writing about my calendar? I can't find it! That baby calendar is one of the many tools I use to keep myself sane! I am now left to the back-up of relying on the master calendar...my brain. The problem is that my brain sometimes forgets events when it is also trying to remember everything else! I have to find that calendar! Otherwise I must start over! This never happened with Francine!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh no! I would DIE without my calendar. It has my whole life. Once I left it at my parents and I made my dad scan the week into the computer and send it to me by email and then mail the real thing. I would forget half of my stuff without it. Hope you find it!

The one I have now is a Church Leader's calendar and has more room on Sunday which is very helpful for all the meetings and things I have to remember to do.