Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Moving

There is something about moving that makes my body slow down and my mind speed up! Moving is listed as one of the top life stresses. I believe it! It isn't all bad, though!

I am preparing to move into yet another transitional home. There is a family from my church that offered to rent me a room in their home a few months ago. They have offered it in the past, but it wasn't the right timing for one reason or another. This time, we were both able to spend some time praying and seeking the heart of God in this. We all feel like it is a good move! I am excited about that! I can't wait to see how God grows our relationships and what other blessings He has in store!

The thing I am not so excited is that I will be sharing a bathroom with two teenage guys. That's right! Sharing a bathroom isn't a huge deal to me...after all I grew up with two sisters and have had several roommates! It's the "boy" part that I am afraid of! These guys are 18 and 19 and are renting the other room in the house that gets rented out. The bathroom is a common bathroom...shared by renters and guests. Is it silly to say I am a little (ok, a lot) afraid of boy cooties? I have several guy friends, and let's face it, the cleanest of guys (or girls for that matter) don't typically keep the bathroom up to Lynn-clean standards! I like the bathroom to be pretty much spotless!

Every morning I go through the same routine in my bathroom (which I don't have to share right now). I start off with a clean counter, plug my dryer in and blow-dry my hair. I then fold the cord up and hang my hairdryer while getting my curler plugged in. When I am done with that, I fold up the cord and hang the curler. I then brush my teeth and put away my teeth-brushing equipment and move on to any other primping that must be done. Before I leave my bathroom, the towel is neatly hanging on the rack, the bathmat is folded over the edge of the tub, and the shower curtain is pulled closed. The counter is wiped down and everything is put away. I like it to stay clean and clutter-free.

I can't expect other people to abide by my insanity. I know that! But I do get really frustrated when they don't! Just being honest here!

So, I am wondering...are these boys going to wipe down the counter after shaving? Are they going to shut the toilet seat? Are they going to put their bottle of shampoo back in the "right" spot after using it...or will they just leave it wherever? I've never shared a bathroom with single, adult men. I've shared bathrooms with married families that I have lived with and with children...and with other girls, of course! I am walking into new territory here! What should I expect?

On a lighter side (quite literally), I have gotten rid of more stuff! I think God has been breaking my tie to things slowly but surely! Each time I move, the stack of boxes gets shorter. I have let go of many things I never thought I would. And somehow, it doesn't bear the same sting that it did the first time I sent a load of stuff off to Goodwill! I take that as a blessing! I see that God is changing my dependence on things to a trust in Him! I am not yet at the point that I can relinquish all things, but it's happening!

I had a dream that I will try to write down in another post, but I feel like it is the heart of God being shown to me in this!

It is late and I am ready to turn in. Blessings, Friends! And thank you for taking your time to read what I have to write. It blesses me!

No comments: